PRODUCTS AND SERVICES:
In the next decade, plants will become the major source for new pharmaceuticals, industrial proteins, vaccines, and alternative energy sources. By 2011, plant-derived drugs alone will grow into a $26 billion market, treating diseases such as cancer, asthma, and chronic pain.
Strains on biosecurity and product development threaten to reduce the full potential for plant-based products. A true bio-based economy requires new methods for research and production - methods that provide a safe and consistent growing environment to reduce development risks, while pushing the limits of traditional plant yields with a more productive and cost-effective system.
- Accelerated research and development of plant-made products
- Optimizing and validating growth and biomanufacturing environmental conditions
- Controlled manufacturing of protein modified plants with environmental variables tailored specifically for high yield
- Biosecure transgenic crop development
- Year-round local crops, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
ORBITEC is a partner on the BioAg Gateway initiative
, a new facility to help position Wisconsin as a leader in bio and agricultural growth during the 21st century.