HYDRUS MOBILE UHP SKID UNITS: HMA Fire's
Hydrus mobile UHP skid units change the landscape of initial fire fighting response. With UHP suppression able to rapidly extinguish fires with 1/3 the suppressant of other apparatus, HMA Fire
skid units can turn virtually any customer vehicle or platform into an attack system for fuel, forest, wildland, grass, vehicle, or structural fires.
Each self-contained unit includes HMA Fire's
state-of-the-art UHP handline nozzle with brass high pressure inserts that can deliver 20 gpm of premixed water and foam at 1400 psi. In tests at Tyndall Air Force Base, this system demonstrated its industry-leading UHP system by extinguishing 400+ gallons or 3500 square feet of JP-8 fuel in just 28 seconds, using only 18 gallons of suppressant.
Hydrus mobile UHP skid units can be integrated onto any fire apparatus platform including ATVs, 4x4s, brush trucks, mini-pumpers, and military vehicles. Options are available for diesel or gasoline fuel systems, multiple water tanks, pistol or air aspirated nozzles, and manual or electric hose reels. An integrated mobile skid unit is also offered on a Polaris Ranger 6x6, the Titan 6
, and a tracked Polaris Ranger 4x4, the Titan 4
Fire Suppression System
- Positive displacement high pressure triplex piston/plunger pump
- Constant output from 0.25 - 22 GPM at 850-1200 psi
- Honda GX670 24 hp at 3600 rpm engine with air-cooled 4-stroke 90° V-twin horizontal shaft
- Diesel or gasoline fuel system
- 150' lightweight high pressure hose
- UHP handline nozzle with brass high pressure inserts
- 60-75 gallon suppressant tank
- Foam premix application within the H20 tank